Monday, March 5, 2012

Salt

My good friends Joe and Brandon headed out last week with their wives in seach for bones and permit in the Bahamas.  Joe had spoken with the his guide and after exchanging a few emails about what's hot down there right now, I had a material list and a game plan.  McKnight's 'Crimp' is an Umpqua pattern that shares the common charactoritics of a shrimp and a crab.  Working on this pattern this last week been an oportunity for me to upsize the hook size and work with some materials not normally in my wheelhouse.  The first half dozen 'attempts' have been discarded to spare the embarrassment associated with tying shitty looking flies.  I'm looking foreword to the pictures of some of these flies stuck in some faces.

                              
                             
                              


No comments:

Post a Comment